oversees the construction activities that take place on the worksite.
They are heavily involved in planning, organizing and controlling projects.
Construction Supervisors are responsible for supervising the contractors and staff while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Responsible for Supervision and coordination of all activities related to construction projects .
- Coordinates and manages road widening projects, including local municipality rebuilds/relocations.
- Assures policies and practices are effectively implemented by construction personnel.
- Prepares and submits inventory of hardware and equipment to be used.
- Plans and organizes workflow of contractors and resolves any problems and/or delays.
- Reviews invoices from contracting firms and ensures proper utilization of Company material.
- Manages and directs personnel to ensure make ready, pole applications, permits, and design changes are processed; directs personnel to ensure customer satisfaction in regards to property damage, and resolves any escalated customer complaints.
- Upkeep and administration
- Administration, Quality Control, and oversight of Project Authorization Request Tracking projects for the division
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED required. Must possess excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills. 2 to 3 years cable and/or telephony experience, including supervisory experience. Must have experience in drafting procedures, layout and design, make-ready construction, aerial and underground MDU and commercial wiring practices and procedures and as-built procedures. Knowledge of National Electric Safety Codes, OSHA, and related state and local codes required. Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.